Caliber provides exclusive design and routing support services to ATE test interface board vendors. Our designers closely interact with your engineers and strictly follow your design and DFM specs to accelerate designing of high yield ATE boards. Thus we can remain a true design partner and function as an offshore extension of your design team.
Our team is having vast experience in working for all major test board vendors and ATE IC test system vendors. We have long experience in designing boards for versatile ATE templates under different EDA design tools and able to provide high yield design solution. With proven design and signal routing process developed and adopted by the experienced professionals ensures right design delivered at first pass on schedule. ATE board designed by our team are subjected to electrical analysis to avoid signal integrity issues. Signal routing of ATE boards are done manually considering PCB stack-up, distance to reference plane and power to ground configurations to minimize crosstalk and distortion. We design boards of less inductance with higher signal strength.
ATE board design - Service Highlights
- Designed test boards in all popular tester platforms.
- Team handled over 6000 test board designs.
- Quick ramp up of resources to achieve quick turnaround time.
- Exposure of all major ATE board fab houses and specs.
- Worked with major probe card assembly houses.
- ATE board routing service - Team capability to route 4000 nets in 2 days for memory probecards.
- Capability to do RF probe cards and load boards.
- In house Signal integrity analysis capability for high speed load boards and probecards.
- Universal and specialty Probe cards, Blade Probecards.
- Device Interface Board(DIB).
- Handler Interface Boards.
- Probe interface Boards.
- Load Boards.
- Bench Boards.
- Evaluation Boards.
- Characterization Boards.
- Adapter Cards.
- Burn in Boards.
- Hast Boards, ESD and Latch up Boards.
Board Design Capabilities
- Placement and routing services for probe cards, load boards, dut and handler interface boards.
- Impedance matching to 50 ohm and Length matching to zero tolerance.
- Designing of prototype load boards for Hand test and for fully automated handler applications.
- Epoxy cantilever, blade, WLP and vertical contact probe cards.
- COBRA probe cards using MLO/MLC substrates.
- Burn-in test, ESD boards, Bench boards for AC, DC, PLL and SysIO configuration testing.
- Reference boards and ASIC Evaluation boards.
- Design for low power device testing and high speed Digital, Analog, Mixed signal and RF devices.
- Strict implementation of High-Speed Layout techniques for reduced distortion, delays and Low noise.
- Proper Selection of PCB fabrication materials including FR4, BT Epoxy, Neloc, Polymide, CE, Rogers and Getek.
- Boards are having less inductance and higher signal strength resembles ideal Load Boards by ensuring precise mechanical alignment with testers and high bandwidth signal transmission.
- Industry wide knowledge on Test sockets, Probers, Single and Multi-site Handlers and docking systems.
- Support for various Tester platforms like Verigy, Advantest, Teradyne, LTX-Credence, Yokogawa, etc.
Board Design Experience
- All designs are schematic driven and layouting applies signal integrity rules.
- Team exposed to various manufacturers processes DFM, DFA, DFT and ICT.
- Precision Analog and Mixed signal integration.
- Edge coupled and tandem differential pairs.
- Adherence to IPC Standards - IPC-2221, -2222, -2223, IPC-7351 etc.
- Skew matching as per the signal rise time.
- Optimal board stack up with ups with controlled impedance for micro stripline, stripline and dual stripline stackups.
- Faster manual routing with in-house tools avoiding vias with good aesthetics.
- Designed boards with blind and buried vias, Micro-via and via-less routing, constraint driven placement and routing.
Interface Board Design
Our team has extensive experience in designing probecards for various applications and offering services to many leading probecard vendors around the world. We get repeat business requests due to our capability to deliver quality designs on schedule irrespective of complexity.
Probecard designs of high pin count and densities are more than routing intensive work and routing of signal and ground traces takes morethan 50 percent of total design time. Also the traces needs to be equally spaced all over the spider area to achieve board planarity and the lengths should be matched to zero tolerance for greater performance. It needs more manpower to complete design in short duration. Caliber interconnect has the skill to overcome challenges involved in designing a probecard in a short duration by extending the capability of the EDA tools through its customization capability. Our in-house software team developed intelligent software tools and utilities to help the designers to achieve fast turn around in each design process. The whole design process is tool driven and we constantly innovate new tools to help manual routing. Our in-house software team developed numerous software tools to help the designers to achieve fast turn around.
Our team can route 2000 traces in a day, thus we are able to meet timelines specified by the customer.
SiP Design EDA Tool Expertise
- Cadence SiP Digital.
- Cadence SiP RF.
- Experience in designing of fine pitch, high density, multi dut diagonal and RF Cantilever probecards.
- Experience in designing of Vertical probecards and space transformers, MLO/MLC substrates.
- Experience in designing Low leakage Parametric probecards, Blade cards, motherboards and RF probecards.
- Experience in designing of wafer sort performance interface boards and motherboards.
- Electrical simulation of Probecard and probe pins.
- Ability to keep the layer count low and achieve zero tolerances routes.
- Designed boards for high frequency memory, logic and RF devices.li>
- In depth understanding of tester instrumentation and prober.
Load Board Design
A loadboard is critical for testing of ICs and a carefully designed board reduces the test pass failure possibilities considerably. Caliber can design high performance loadboards which enables testing of the DUT as defined to your test plan. Our experienced ATE test engineers are able to do ATE test schematics which are flexible to add future test requirements also.
Designed load boards for testing of SoC/Mixed signals, LCD, Memory, Image sensor, Power, Digital, Analog and RF devices. Designed boards for 0.4mm pitch, high pincount BGA devices upto 2016 and devices working on frequency upto 6.25 Ghz.
- Applying high speed design techniques and Signal integrity analysis.
- Availability tester template libraries, foot prints of sockets and components, Handler libraries.
- Knowledge over handlers and tester instrumentation.
- Routing ability to maintain Zero tolerance for high performance and low speed digital signals.
- Experience in popular ATE systems, tester instrumentation, handler and sockets.
- Availability of qualified experienced resources, libraries and ATE templates.
- Expertise to handle EDA tools and customization skills to extend the capability of the EDA tools.
- In-house developed software tools to reduce the design and layout time.
- Capability to route 2000 nets per day.
- Interactive design environment with Video/Web conferencing.
- Critical Loadboards undergo simulation.
- Deliveries are verified by our test and application engineers.