Power Engineering Design Skills
- Design of converters, inverters, power supplies and DC to DC converters and motor control circuits, power electronic protection methods, EMI related design, high frequency ferrite core transformer design, fault tolerance design, design of power electronics protection circuits, sensor processing circuits, design of Snubber circuits, PCB design.
- Simulation and Analysis skills: Waveform analysis, Harmonic analysis, Power and loss calculations, Thermal analysis, Ripple analysis, Derating analysis, Reliability analysis, Pspice simulation, PSIM simulation.
- Working knowledge on control systems.
- Significant knowledge on controllers and PWM techniques.
Power Electronics Engineering Skills
- Knowledge on System Engineering.
- Heat sink design.
- High current bus design.
- Optimising grounding to reduce ground loops.
- Providing proper isolation.
- Design of line filters, common mode and differential mode filters.
- Shielding, cabling and connector selection.
- Power capacitor specifications and selection.
- Packaging method.
Product Development Skills
- Product development in the areas of electro-mechanical actuators including digital EMAs, Engine control units, SMPS, Motor controls, Industrial inverters, remotely controlling through IOTs, Fuel control system, Railways high power electric drive control systems.
- Power electronics for electric vehicle – AC to DC, DC to DC, Motor controller and Battery charger.
- Aircraft power systems – Generator control unit, Engine control unit, Power distribution unit.
- Induction heating unit and wireless power transfer systems.
Electric Motor Technology
- Heart of an Electric Vehicle.
- Operates as
- Motor to drive power to the vehicle.
- Generator during braking to regenerate power.
- Machine performance critical to smooth riding experience.
Current State Of Art
- BLDC Motors are widely used.
- Inherent problem with torque ripple, noise and high-speed limitations.
- Efficiency and reliability concerns.
- Imported motor and drive technology.
- Lack of service, support and maintenance support.
BLDC Vs PMSM
2KW and 5KW Motor Specification
2KW and 5KW Controller Specification
Development and testing equipments
- Power supplies.
- Power analysers.
- Harmonic analysers.
- Dyno in case of motor testing.
- Prime mover.
- Resistive loads.
- IC testers.
- Custom made test rigs.